Fr. James Reutter, Pastor
"The parish priest is the proper pastor of the parish entrusted to him. He exercises the pastoral care of the community entrusted to him under the authority of the diocesan Bishop, whose ministry of Christ he is called to share, so that for this community he may carry out the offices of teaching, sanctifying and ruling with the cooperation other priests or deacons and with the assistance of lay members of Christ's faithful, in accordance with the law.
The three main responsibilities are: (1) to teach his people the eternal and unchanging truths handed on to us by Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Apostles and to examine how they apply to our everday lives; (2) to help his people become holy and get to Heaven, (3) to shepherd and govern as Christ governs, as a servant leader, who has the authority of Christ, but who puts that authority at the humble service of his people.
The pastor is responsible for stewarding the goods and resources of the parish wisely, but more importantly to be an icon and image of Christ Himself, and to serve as a bridge and mediator, making God known to His people, and bringing the needs and prayers of His people to God.
He is especially attentive to the needs of the least (the sick, the poor, the suffering) and his most important work is the celebration of the Holy Mass, where Christ's sacrifice on the Cross continues to bring salvation to the world.
I can be reached through the parish office at 922-4460.
Rev. Mr. Charles Jenkins, Deacon
A deacon generally is ordained to assist the local Bishop and his representative (the local parish priests) in the local parishes. By definition in the Vatican II documents, a Deacon is the custodian of the Eucharist, a Deacon will normally carry the Body of Christ to those confined at home or in the hospital. He carries out his ministry through works Liturgy, Word and Charity. A Deacon is an ordinary Minister of Baptism and generally has faculties to witness weddings in the parish to which he is assigned and sometime that applies to the entire diocese. Deacons at OLV function in the following ministries;
- Assist at Masses, including preaching when needed;
- Lead Communion/Prayer Services and Benediction when needed;
- Teach and participate in RCIA
- Prepare parents for their child's baptism
- Prepare couples for marriage;
- Perform baptisms, witness weddings and
- lead funeral services when necessary;
- Visit the homebound and hospitalized;
- Sit on Worship Commission/Liturgy Planning Team
Deacon Charley, can be reached through the parish office at 922-4460
Jennifer Reinkemeyer, Pastoral Assistant
As Pastoral Assistant, my primary duties include assisting the pastor in all liturgical planning and coordination (for the celebration of the Sunday, daily, and school Masses, as well as monthly family liturgies) as well as planning and coordination of all of our pastoral care (visits to the sick, hospitalized and homebound; helping to meet needs of any handicapped parishioners, etc.) I am also in charge of special projects for the parish, and work in many of the areas where Fr. George formerly served before his retirement.
I can be reached in the parish office Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm at 347-8823 or JReinkemeyer@olv.org.
Jonathan Schaefer, Director of Religious Education
As DRE, I am entrusted with the task of planning, implementing, and evaluating a total parish religious education program. These programs include:
· Early Childhood
· Religious Education School
· Adult Religious Education
· Other education programs
Together with the Pastor, the Adult Religious Education Team and Education Commission, we nourish the growth of the parish Christian community. I also have responsibility for the scheduling, planning and formation of the sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation, Confirmation and First Eucharist. The Religious Education Office also has responsibility for the Archdiocesan Child Protection Decree policy.
I can be reached through the Religious Education office at 347-2071 or email@example.com.
Bill Tenore, Liturgical Music Director/Organist
The music director is responsible for administering the sacred music for the Mass and the sacraments, as well as directing all parish choirs. This includes:
- General administration of parish music program;
- Playing organ for parish liturgies and devotional services
- Planning the music for most liturgies and sacraments;
- Supervising musicians who play at liturgies;
- Organ and keyboard accompaniment for adult choir;
- Conducting regular choir practices for adult choir;
- Assisting children's choir director;
Directing choirs at weekend liturgies.
I can be reached through the parish office, 922-4460.
Kathy Lynn, Children's Choir Director
• Instruction of and practice with children's choir for school Masses and occasional Sunday and Holy Day Liturgies;
• Assist in planning of Family Liturgies.
I can be reached through the parish office, 922-4460.
Debbie Wait, Business Manager
The Business Manager is a steward of the physical, financial and personnel resources of the parish. My responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the financial records of the parish and the school;
- Preparing and reviewing the budget in collaboration with the Finance Commission and Pastoral Council;
- Financial reporting to the parish and archdiocese;
- Administering payroll and employee benefit program;
- Facilities management
I can be reached at the parish office, 922-4460, EXT 8826 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Kane, School Principal
As principal of Our Lady of Victory School, I am blessed to have the opportunity to lead our parish Catholic school. Through academics, prayer, service, and worship, our mission for your child to nurture Catholic values and traditions; to provide a well-rounded quality education; and to build a compassionate community of respectful members who live the Gospel message of Jesus by serving the church and the broader community. Jesus Christ is the present teacher, the model of the faculty, and the inspiration of the students. We believe that a Catholic education empowers children to grow academically, socially, creatively, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to educational excellence for your child in a nurturing learning environment.
I welcome the opportunity to talk with you, and I can be reached through the school office at 347-2072 or email@example.com
Karen Meyer, Bookkeeper
As Parish Bookkeeper, my responsibilities include:
- Preparing and Summarizing the payroll;
- Process invoices, write checks, run reports at the end of each month;
- Recording all tuition and school registrations
- Process monies coming in through school (book orders, field trips, etc.);
- Financial mailings;
- Do all daily deposits
- Maintaining census file and process new registrations;
- Order Supplies
- Parish office liaison for the parish festival.
I can be reached Monday thru Thursday from 8 am - 4 pm through the parish office at 347-8812, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Beverly Gooderson, Administrative Assistant
As Secretary to the Pastor and Associate Pastor, I provide secretarial and clerical support. This support includes:
- Prepare the church bulletin weekly;
- Assist with pantry food, and St. Vincent de Paul calls;
- Maintaining wedding files and parish marriage sacramental book
- Issue Marriage Sacramental Certificates
- Maintaining and filing Pastoral Council and Commission minutes for parish archives;
- Schedule parish facilities and distribution of keys including the Convocation Center;
- Prepare Funeral Programs
- Maintaining parish funeral sacramental book;
- Prepare Memorial Mass invitations & Program;
- Schedule Weekly Masses;
- Prepare Weekly Church Announcements;
- Issue appropriate cards
- Assist with scheduling of servers
- Distribute minutes of the various commissions to Pastoral Council
- Offer assistance to all Commission chairs;
- Post Sunday envelopes.
As Receptionist, my duties include;
- Greeting and assisting parishioners and visitors;
- Answering and directing incoming calls.
I can be reached at the Parish Office, 922-4460 EXT 8810, Monday through Friday, 8 am - 4 pm or email@example.com
Becky Weber, Administrative Assistant
As Administrative Assistant, I work with the Religious Education Programs, Confirmation, First Communion and Baptism programs. In this position I am responsible for:
- Processing registrations;
- Record keeping;
- Designing event flyers
- Preparing materials needed for all the above programs
- Issues Sacramental Certificates
- Publishes monthly Parish Newsletter
- Maintaining files regarding the Child Protection Decree
- Maintaining parish website.
I can be reached through the Religious Education office, 347-2071 Mon. & Fri. 8 am - 4 pm, Tues., Wed., Thurs., 9 am- 2pm or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org