OUR LADY OF VICTORY was established in 1842 as St. Stephen, the 3rd Catholic Church in Hamilton County. The original church, of log construction, was located on Rapid Run Road, approximately 1/4 mile west of Neeb Road.
Ten Children attended the first school in 1842. Enrollment “swelled” to fourteen in 1844 and the first teacher contract was signed.
The Franciscan Fathers began serving the parish in 1844 and continued until 1875.
In 1852 the church was moved (literally, since the same logs were used) to three acres of donated land on Neeb Road.
In 1853, a new church of brink construction was built and dedicated to Our Lady of Victories (later changed to Victory). The first permanent pastor was appointed in 1854.
The old log church was used as the school until 1898 when a brick school until 1898 when a brick school building was erected. That building still stands as the back half of the present “old school”.
In 1909, another new church was built and served the parish community until 1963. It was razed in 1977.
In 1917 a Sisters’ residence was completed for the sisters of St. Francis of Oldenburg, who had been teaching and living in the school since 1899.
In 1930, the front half of the “old school” building was completed.
In 1960, the new school was completed. The east wing addition was completed in 1963 and the upper level served as the temporary church until the present church was completed in 1980.
In 1962, a new convent was built and served in that capacity until 1989.
In 1976, the gymnasium was built. It was renovated and expanded to double the capacity in 1989.
In 1977, the church began demolition process to prepare for present building. Fr. Gruber oversaw the project.
The library was completed in 1990.
In 1992, the gym was renovated to double its capacity. Members of the Athletic Association along with many other volunteers kept the cost of this project to a minimum due to endless hours of work.
The old school building was renovated with classrooms, library, science lab, and meeting rooms in 1993.
In 1996, the old convent was remodeled and became the new Pastoral Center.
The new rectory was purchased in 2000.
In 2001, the old rectory was demolished. Fr. Tom Meyer was assigned as our new pastor. The new school was renovated including the computer lab.
The convocation center was dedicated in 2002.
In 2005, Our Lady of Victory begins the Why Catholic? Program.
In October 2005, we honor the Blessed Mother by celebrating the Feast of Our Lady of Victory.